Brant Masonic District Grand Lodge of A.F. & A.M. of Canada in the Province of Ontario Web Site
home | info for non-masons† | ddgm | †resource library† | mpm&wa | faq | †contact†


Brant District Lodges
Brant†Trestle†Board
[ Degrees ]
[ Installations ]
[ DDGM Official Visits ]
[†District††Events†]
District Lodges
[††††35 St. Johnís ]
[††††45 Brant ]
[††††82 St. Johnís ]
[ 106 Burford ]
[ 113 Wilson ]
[ 193 Scotland ]
[ 243 St. George ]
[ 319 Hiram ]
[ 329 King Solomon ]
[ 505 Lynden ]
[ 508 Ozias ]
[ 515 Reba ]
[ 519 Onondaga ]


This site has been approved by the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario - Approval Code 02D03

Web Admin
[ disclaimer ]
[ policy statement ]
[ Web site certification ]

St. George Lodge No.243


Click on thumbnail photo of temple to see larger picture


Photo of Burford Masonic Temple

Photo of Burford Lodge No.106 Lodge Room
St. George No.243
Meets 1st Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
St. George Masonic Temple
1 Thompson Street
St. George, Ontario
N0E 1N0

Show me The St. George Masonic Temple on Google Maps

Contact Person: W. Bro. Ron Rowe Sr. (Secretary)
Phone: 519-448-1687
Email:

Visit St. George's Web site by clicking here

St. George Lodge No. 243 St. George, ON

On October 3, 1870 a meeting was called at a private home in St. George for the purpose of considering the establishment of a Masonic Lodge in the village.

The meeting was attended by a number of Brethren, all of whom were members of Brant Lodge No. 45, Brantford. They were Bros. Robert Burt, Benjamin Ball, William A. Mullin, Charles F. Bell, Joseph Keifer, Dr. E. E. Kitchen and William Austin.

Robert Burt was appointed Chairman and Dr. Kitchen secretary for this meeting. It was decided to send a petition in the usual form, signed by the brethren present as charter members, to Brant Lodge for their recommendation, which would then be forwarded to the DDGM for his approval. Having attained this, it would then be forwarded to the Grand Master.

The meeting was to be held on the Thursday of or preceding the full moon. The reason for this was that the members would always have moonlight nights, while driving to or from the regular meetings. This continued until 1927 when a regular night was chosen.

The lodge received its charter during 1871 and it was officially dedicated by the Grand Master, the Most Worshipful Brother J. Seymour on January 25, 1872.

With such a spirit among its members, and with no mortgage outstanding on its temple, this lodge is in an excellent position to go on to even greater successes in the future.

District Info
[ In Memorium ]
[ District War Vetrans ]

[ District Photos ]
[ District Chairmen ]
[ Masonic Articles ]
[ DDGM Messages ]

Community†Projects
[ Blood Donor Clinics ]
[ Childrenís†Safety†Village†]








.

Copyright © 2002-2017 by Brant Masonic District
- all rights reserved -