In August 1873, several members made representation to St. John's Lodge No. 35, Cayuga, regarding the formation of a new lodge at Cheapside, Ontario.
On January 8, 1874, a communication was received by St. John's Lodge No. 35, Cayuga, from several brethren residing in the neighbourhood of Cheapside, asking for a recommendation from St. John's Lodge No. 35, for the establishment of a lodge at Cheapside, ON. On motion, seconded and passed their request was complied with and a communication was sent to DDGM of Niagara Masonic District.
Dispensation was granted by Grand Lodge, the first meeting of Hiram Lodge No. 319 was held in the Masonic Hall at Cheapside on July 22, 1874.
The Charter or Warrant of Constitution from Grand Lodge was issued on the 22nd day of July 1875, just about a year from the date of the first meeting of the Lodge, and it was executed by the Most Worshipful Brother James Kirkpatrick Kerr, Grand Master and Right Worshipful Brother W. H. Weller, Deputy Grand Master, and Right Worshipful Brother J. J. Mason, Grand Secretary.
Hiram Lodge has been in existence for more than 125 years and the future of the Lodge looks good.